Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Givvie

Default Mail merge problem

I have inserted a field into a mail merge document and when I merge / view
the document the numerical figure I have chosen ends up being a figure with
many decimal points eg 720.234654 instead of 720 as it is in my data source
(excel spread sheet)
How do you get the figure to just be 720?
I am using Word 2003 and excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Givvie

Thanx Graham - Although a little confusing to begin with I soon got the jist
of it and managed to work it out from the info you supplied.

cheeeeeeerrrrrssssss........;-)

Givvie wrote:
I have inserted a field into a mail merge document and when I merge /
view the document the numerical figure I have chosen ends up being a
figure with many decimal points eg 720.234654 instead of 720 as it is
in my data source (excel spread sheet)
How do you get the figure to just be 720?
I am using Word 2003 and excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?R2l2dmll?=,

I have inserted a field into a mail merge document and when I merge / view
the document the numerical figure I have chosen ends up being a figure with
many decimal points eg 720.234654 instead of 720 as it is in my data source
(excel spread sheet)
How do you get the figure to just be 720?
I am using Word 2003 and excel 2003

You have a number of choices. The "simplest" is probably to include a
numerical formatting switch in the mail merge field code:

1. Alt+F9 to display the field codes
2. At the end of the field, type in the switch. Example:
{ Mergefield Total \# "0" $
3. Alt+F9 again to hide the field codes.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Squeak

Hello all...

I too am trying to format an AMT filed and a SSN filed imported from EXCEL.
where do I include the switch?

this is my field: «OUTDENTALAMT____»

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?R2l2dmll?=,

I have inserted a field into a mail merge document and when I merge / view
the document the numerical figure I have chosen ends up being a figure with
many decimal points eg 720.234654 instead of 720 as it is in my data source
(excel spread sheet)
How do you get the figure to just be 720?
I am using Word 2003 and excel 2003

You have a number of choices. The "simplest" is probably to include a
numerical formatting switch in the mail merge field code:

1. Alt+F9 to display the field codes
2. At the end of the field, type in the switch. Example:
{ Mergefield Total \# "0" $
3. Alt+F9 again to hide the field codes.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Press Alt+F9 to toggle on the display of field codes and see "Formatting
Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Squeak" wrote in message

Hello all...

I too am trying to format an AMT filed and a SSN filed imported from
EXCEL.
where do I include the switch?

this is my field: «OUTDENTALAMT____»

thanks for the help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Christina

I am a newbie and don't understand what you mean by saying to press ALT+F9 to
display the field codes. Where do I do this in excel or word?

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?R2l2dmll?=,

I have inserted a field into a mail merge document and when I merge / view
the document the numerical figure I have chosen ends up being a figure with
many decimal points eg 720.234654 instead of 720 as it is in my data source
(excel spread sheet)
How do you get the figure to just be 720?
I am using Word 2003 and excel 2003

You have a number of choices. The "simplest" is probably to include a
numerical formatting switch in the mail merge field code:

1. Alt+F9 to display the field codes
2. At the end of the field, type in the switch. Example:
{ Mergefield Total \# "0" $
3. Alt+F9 again to hide the field codes.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
hirendra7158 hirendra7158 is offline

SIr/Ma'am,
I really do not know whether this si the right plateform or place to ask you
my question, but encouraged by your reply I am tempted to ask you. Please
pardon me and direct me toa right place if you find this place to be
incorrect. but please please reply.
After Mail merging, in Word 2003, names and data of 100 students, in to a
small five line document that needs to posted to parents of each student,
printing each of the Mail Merged document on a separate A4 sized sheet of
paper is uneconomical. I am trying to print TWO merged documents on a single
A4 sized sheet. How do I do it. PLease guide and oblige.
thanks.
I would be grateful if you will send me a copy of the reply to
" also.
Many thanks.

Hi ?B?R2l2dmll?=,