Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SteveH

Default Word 2007 Beta -- Print problems

When I go into Print Preview on (some, not all) old Word 2003 docs or docs
I've created in the new Word 2007 Beta (.docx), I see only the top-left
quarter of the page. If I bypass Print Preview and go straight to Print, I
only print the top-left quarter of the page.

Anyone else have this problem and have you fixed it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

There are some issues with printer drivers in Word 2007.
What printer do you have and do you have the latest driver for it
installed?
What happens if you save the file as PDF? Is the output ok then? If it
is, then use the save as pdf feature as workaround by printing the pdf.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"SteveH" wrote in message
:

When I go into Print Preview on (some, not all) old Word 2003 docs or docs
I've created in the new Word 2007 Beta (.docx), I see only the top-left
quarter of the page. If I bypass Print Preview and go straight to Print, I
only print the top-left quarter of the page.

Anyone else have this problem and have you fixed it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SteveH

Thanks for the idea. I did find that by rebooting my PC the problem went
away, so I'm thinking that cured everything. Again, thanks for your help. I
have a HP OfficeJet 6210 that has not had any problems.

"SteveH" wrote in message
:

When I go into Print Preview on (some, not all) old Word 2003 docs or docs
I've created in the new Word 2007 Beta (.docx), I see only the top-left
quarter of the page. If I bypass Print Preview and go straight to Print, I
only print the top-left quarter of the page.

Anyone else have this problem and have you fixed it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
elproffset.se

Hi! I have the same problem! I only see the upper left corner. It apear even
after rebooting. Would be glad for any help. Jon

"SteveH" wrote in message
:

When I go into Print Preview on (some, not all) old Word 2003 docs or docs
I've created in the new Word 2007 Beta (.docx), I see only the top-left
quarter of the page. If I bypass Print Preview and go straight to Print, I
only print the top-left quarter of the page.

Anyone else have this problem and have you fixed it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

Does the PDF workaround work for you?
What printer/driver do you have?

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"elproffset.se" wrote in
message :

"SteveH" wrote in message
:

When I go into Print Preview on (some, not all) old Word 2003 docs or docs
I've created in the new Word 2007 Beta (.docx), I see only the top-left
quarter of the page. If I bypass Print Preview and go straight to Print, I
only print the top-left quarter of the page.

Anyone else have this problem and have you fixed it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
elproffset.se

Hi! Thanks for your respond. The PDF works. I have a Epson Stylus C42UX. Had
just installed the lasted driver from Epsons homepage. But it still gives the
same trouble. Thankful for help.

Jon

"SteveH" wrote in message
:

When I go into Print Preview on (some, not all) old Word 2003 docs or docs
I've created in the new Word 2007 Beta (.docx), I see only the top-left
quarter of the page. If I bypass Print Preview and go straight to Print, I
only print the top-left quarter of the page.

Anyone else have this problem and have you fixed it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

Hi Jon,

Do you happen by any chance to have Adobe Acrobat Pro 6/7 installed? If
you do, what happens when you print to the Adobe PDF printer? Same issue
or ok?

Here are some suggestions that *could* fix the issue (courtesy of Bob
Buckland):
1. From Start=Programs=Accessories=System Tools
run 'Disk Cleanup' and clear the browser cache
and the temporary file folders.

2. Restart the PC.

3. Use Start Search and locate the file name string
~$*.*;*.tmp
and send those files to the recycle bin.

4. Start Word. If you encounter this problem still
try File[Office Button]Print
and choose a different printer then switch back
to your regular one.

You can try starting with number 4

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"elproffset.se" wrote in
message :

"SteveH" wrote in message
:

When I go into Print Preview on (some, not all) old Word 2003 docs or docs
I've created in the new Word 2007 Beta (.docx), I see only the top-left
quarter of the page. If I bypass Print Preview and go straight to Print, I
only print the top-left quarter of the page.

Anyone else have this problem and have you fixed it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Apota

I have the exact same problem. I have an HP 6840 printer. Everytime I print
it's printing everything really really small and it's showing the print
really big on the print preview. It also first prints a blank page. I'm not
printing that much, just one page with a few lines of print on it. Thanks
for your help and time...

"SteveH" wrote in message
:

When I go into Print Preview on (some, not all) old Word 2003 docs or docs
I've created in the new Word 2007 Beta (.docx), I see only the top-left
quarter of the page. If I bypass Print Preview and go straight to Print, I
only print the top-left quarter of the page.

Anyone else have this problem and have you fixed it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Apota

I found out new information. If I print in FastDraft mode it prints in
normal size, but if I print in any other mode, ex. Fast Normal, Normal, Best
or Maximum it prints really small. It works fine in 2003 and this only
happened in 2007 and it happens with documents created in 2003 or new
documents I create in 2007. Thanks again for your help and time....

"SteveH" wrote in message
:

When I go into Print Preview on (some, not all) old Word 2003 docs or docs
I've created in the new Word 2007 Beta (.docx), I see only the top-left
quarter of the page. If I bypass Print Preview and go straight to Print, I
only print the top-left quarter of the page.

Anyone else have this problem and have you fixed it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Apota,

Yes, that seems to be one of the interesting issues, quality based settings. Even though you've narrowed things down a bit I'm
going to post the 'long list' of things to check to help try to isolate where this is occuring both in your case and for others who
may read this having similar problems.

========
It appears to be an issue with certain inkjet printers and Office 2007. HP Deskjets primarily, although there are similar anomolies
with Epson Stylus, Canon and Lexmark/Dell printers, and in some cases it's only on certain quality settings under

Office Button [File]=Print=Print=Properties

The more information we can gather to find a common issue the better the chances of being able to get this corrected (and to see if
it's the printer folks or the Office folks or others who work to fix it g).

Here are some additional questions and things to try if you can that may be helpful in resolving this. Please print the problem
document where you're seeing the problem at each step prior to trying the next workaround and each time you print pleae check Print
Preview prior to each printing, to see if you preview and print results are the same.
Please complete each of the steps in the order listed.
[Note that reading all of the steps may be longer than doing them g]

When you have found a step that cures the issue for you or complete the list without finding a solution, please post back as a reply
to this message and also send a copy of your results directly to the MS Office product team by using the Office 2007 feedback tool
from the link below.

Okay, here we go:

1. Is this a print problem on any document or only on ones created in a prior version? If on an existing document, is it all
documents or just one or two?

2. Are you using a 32 bit or 64 bit Windows XP mode?

3. From Start=Printers and Faxes Right click on your printer,
select properties and choose 'Print Test Page' . From the printout, what is the full file version of the 'Additonal Files used by
this driver'. If you check the HP website for printer drivers, is this the current driver for that model printer?

4. Do you open the documents by using
File[office button]==Open
or do you open them by a different method?

5. Are you opening then printing or are you working on the document prior to printing?

6. Is your normal paper size A4 or 'letter' and what is your country/locale settings set for in the Windows Control panel?

7. If, with a problem document open you go, in Word 2007 to

File[Office button]=Word Options=Advanced

then scroll down to Print, what boxes in that section are
turned on?

8. Are you using the Quick Print button on the Word 2007 Quick Access Toolbar to print or Ctrl+P (to go to the Print dialog first)?
Does using the opposite method from what you are using now make a difference in printing?

9. With a document open that is showing this problem if you go to

Office Button [File]=Print=Print

9a. Does the 'Print What' box show 'Document' or 'Document showing markup'?

9b. If, while in the Print dialog you click [Properties], what quality setting is shown?

9c. While in that Properties dialog if you look at the Page setup/Advanced (or similar choice, depending on printer driver
version), what settings for fonts and 'auto' are on?

10. If you change the quality setting and reprint do you still get the problem?

11. If after complete #10 you again use

Office Button [File]=Print=Print

and switch from one printer choice to another then back to yours, does the document preview and print correctly?

12. Make a safety copy of your sample document then use
File[office button]=
is there a 'Convert' choice there?

If there is a 'Convert' choice showing (indicating that Word 2007 is working in Word 2003 emulation or compatability mode) use
'Convert' then save that new version as a .docx or .docm file type, then print.

13. If you start Word in Office safe mode (hold ctrl key while starting Word) and print the same document do you get the same
result?

14. After trying #13, if you close Word, use Start=Search and recycle all files found using the search string of
~$*.*;*.tmp;*.spl
then print the same document again, do you still have the problem?

15. (Be sure you have access to your printer driver CD prior to doing this step) Close Word, delete the printer from
Start=Printers and Faxes
then restart the PC and reinstall the printer driver and print the document.

If Word can save directly to PDF (and you can print from there correctly) or if you can print to the optional Office 2007 install
item, MS Office Document Image Writer then Word would appear to be sending out the information correctly and those may be your only
choices for printing problem documents for now if none of the other steps have helped.

Thank you for helping with improving the Office 2007 product.

==========
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS for the 2007 Office System

1. Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

2. Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

3. Use the 2007 OfficeOnline website without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033
b. then visit http://officebeta.iponet.net

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

Hi Apota,

Here is another suggestion that might work:
Set your desired printer + resolution as the default before booting
Word.
Then print without changing settings.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

:

"SteveH" wrote in message
:

When I go into Print Preview on (some, not all) old Word 2003 docs or docs
I've created in the new Word 2007 Beta (.docx), I see only the top-left
quarter of the page. If I bypass Print Preview and go straight to Print, I
only print the top-left quarter of the page.

Anyone else have this problem and have you fixed it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lily_My_Lovely Lily_My_Lovely is offline

Is there a patch for this bug now?

It drives me mad as I most the documents I create are with images and I
print in draft first (default printer setting) and then want to change to
print in a better resolution or paper type once the document is verified.

I can't be doing with closing word, changing settings in CP. restarting
Word, printing, closing word, changing settings in CP... its mad.

The other I error I get is an exception error when trying to click
printerproperties, and then nothing works.

--
Learning to Love Office 07

:

"SteveH" wrote in message
:

When I go into Print Preview on (some, not all) old Word 2003 docs or docs
I've created in the new Word 2007 Beta (.docx), I see only the top-left
quarter of the page. If I bypass Print Preview and go straight to Print, I
only print the top-left quarter of the page.

Anyone else have this problem and have you fixed it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Microsoft will not release patches for individual fixes to the beta. We're
expecting a "technical refresh" release (called B2TR for short) "real soon
now" that will include all the bug fixes so far. One thing we've been told
is that the refresh itself will be a "patch" -- that is, you must have Beta
2 installed already in order to install the refresh.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

: