Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
PFLY PFLY is offline

Default Mail Merge Switch

How do I add a switch to a field so that if it is blank on my database, the
next field will populate on my Word document instead of staying blank?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sorry, can you spell out what you want - it isn't completely clear.

Suppose you have a data source with:

ID,column1,column2,column3
1,row1col1,row1col2,row1col3
2,row2col1,row2col2,row2col3
3,,row3col2,row2col3
4,,,row4col3

(maybe you could invent rows if you need them to demonstate what you want)

and a mail merge main document with

{ MERGEFIELD column1 }

what do you want to happen when Word is processing the row with ID=1? with
ID=3?

Peter Jamieson