Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jaga Jaga is offline

Default How to add a subject line to mails sent thru mail merge

Hi,

I am able to generate and send mails using Mail Merge in MS Word 2003.
However the mails are going with a blank subject line. How do I add a
standard subject line to the mails? I could not find any info on this.

Can somebody help?

Rgds,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

When you actually perform the merge, you should see a dialog box which lets
you specify
a. which field in the data source contains the recipient e-mail address
b. a subject - this is plain text that is the same for every e-mail in the
merge
c. the format (HTML, plain text, as attachment)

Are you seeing that or not?

Peter Jamieson
"Jaga" wrote in message
Hi,

I am able to generate and send mails using Mail Merge in MS Word 2003.
However the mails are going with a blank subject line. How do I add a
standard subject line to the mails? I could not find any info on this.

Can somebody help?

Rgds,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jaga Jaga is offline

When I use the wizard I do not get any dialog box. However I figured out that
by installing the mail merge tool bar I can get to this dialog box you
mentioned.

Thanks!
Jaga

"Jaga" wrote in message
Hi,

I am able to generate and send mails using Mail Merge in MS Word 2003.
However the mails are going with a blank subject line. How do I add a
standard subject line to the mails? I could not find any info on this.

Can somebody help?

Rgds,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You obviously haven't followed all the steps of the wizard, as the dialog
box is exactly the same whichever method you choose.