Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
rnason16 rnason16 is offline

Default Footnote moving up page ... bottom of page selected?!?!?!

My footnotes are sliding up the page as my document progresses. I have
chosen for them to be at the bottom of the page, the margins are fine. ANY
IDEAS?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Some things to check:

1. Switch to Normal view. Click View | Footnotes. In the Footnote
pane, click "Footnote separator" and see if it has any undesired
contents or formatting in it. For example, it can have empty paragraph
marks (click the ¶ button on the Standard toolbar to see them). An
other common issue is that it has some Spacing Before or After applied
(look in Format | Paragraph, Indents and Spacing tab). Repeat the
above for the "Footnote continuation separator."

2. Verify that the Footnote text style has the desired settings for
Line Spacing, Spacing Before/After etc.

3. Check if the Footer paragraph has some Spacing Before applied. If
so, remove it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP