Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jaye Jaye is offline

Default How do I insert a label into a page of labels?

I'm using the Avery 5160 template, which gives me a sheet of blank labels.
If I need to insert an address into the middle of them at a later date, so
that they're alphabetical, how do I insert a blank label? Tabbing just puts
me in the next box/address label.

Thank you so much in advance! :-)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TedMi TedMi is offline

This can be done, but only by people who have too WAY much free time on their
hands.
Label templates are not meant for manual typing of addresses, they are meant
to receive the output of a mailmerge. You type your addresses into a TABLE,
which can be in Word, Excel or a database such as Access, SQL Server, Oracle,
DB2, or any number of other db's which range from newbie-friendly to
industrial/military strength. In a table, it's easy to insert an entries
anywhere you want, or better yet, add them at the end and then sort the
table. After making the additions, you rerun the mailmerge to create the new
set of labels.
See Word help, and especially http://www.word.mvps.org/ and search for Mail
Merge to get lots of info on how to get started.
--
Ted

Labels doney Microsoft Word Help 11 October 3rd 06 12:06 AM
2 diff. page numbers per page in header/footer? Joyce Yamada Page Layout 5 September 3rd 06 04:21 PM
Want to start page 1 numbering after five pages - how? RM Page Layout 6 April 5th 06 05:07 AM
page number positioning and format tinaa Page Layout 3 February 4th 06 12:38 AM
How do I delete a page of labels from an 8 page label print out? mooseamatic Microsoft Word Help 1 November 26th 04 12:21 AM