Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Matthew Matthew is offline

Default Copy to a new template

I am trying to update a lot of documents using new styles and page layouts.
The page layout needs mirrored margins, so that I always have a wider margin
on the outside of the page (the document will be printed on both sides of the
paper). I though I could set up a new template with the page setup I wanted
and then copy the contents of the document from the old version into the new
template. When I do this the text aligns left of my left margin! How do I
apply the text to the new template?

Also I need to change all the styles from the old document. Ideally I will
be able to set up a template with the new styles (with the same names as the
old ones) and Word will update the formatting for me. Is this possible?

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Set up the template to suit your needs (layout and styles), create a
new document based on this template, and then use Insert | File to
bring in the contents of the old document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP