Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tri Tri is offline

Default Word 2000 doesnt open a .doc file even if I double click it.

Hi I'm having a problem with one user trying to open a .doc file using Word
2000. When the user attempts to open the file by double clicking it nothing
happens.

Our temporary work around is to open Word first then choose fileopen and
selecting the file opens the doc file.

I can't figure out how to fix this users problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Tri
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

How to re-register Word when problems crop up opening files
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm

Tri wrote:
Hi I'm having a problem with one user trying to open a .doc file
using Word 2000. When the user attempts to open the file by double
clicking it nothing happens.

Our temporary work around is to open Word first then choose fileopen
and selecting the file opens the doc file.

I can't figure out how to fix this users problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Tri

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tri Tri is offline

Thank you for the suggestion Graham, that didn't work for me.

I ran the command then attempted to launch a word doc by double clicking on
a .doc file and nothing happens. No errors nothing.

Tri wrote:
Hi I'm having a problem with one user trying to open a .doc file
using Word 2000. When the user attempts to open the file by double
clicking it nothing happens.

Our temporary work around is to open Word first then choose fileopen
and selecting the file opens the doc file.

I can't figure out how to fix this users problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Tri

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Right click a document file in a Windows Explorer window. Select 'open
with'. Pick Word from the list and check the always open with this
application check box. If this doesn't fix it, you will have to edit the DOC
file association directly from Windows Explorer - Tools - File Types.