Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Galen Galen is offline

Default Languages

Office Word 2007
XP Pro SP2

The language (installed) is in English.
The language for spell checking is in French.

Dictionary language is set to English.
Language Settings (from Office tools) is set to English.
Primary editing language is set to English.
Yet, under spell check options the only language is French and under the
proofing options I have just "French modes" for spelling.

This impacts my spell check in OE which is bad, very bad... I spell quite
poorly I feel and so I need to have spell checking in a language that I
actually speak and type in. Any ideas? I don't have OE in Vista so that's
not something I can check. My beloved OE is dead...

--
Galen - MS MVP - Windows (Shell/User & IE)
http://dts-l.org/ http://kgiii.info/

"Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and its
solution is its own
reward." - Sherlock Holmes

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Paul Ballou Paul Ballou is offline

Download the OE Spell Checker from here ...The program allows the ability to
spell check in OE without the need for Works or Word...
--
Paul Ballou
MVP Office
"Galen" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Galen Galen is offline

In ,
Paul Ballou had this to say:

Download the OE Spell Checker from here ...The program allows the ability
spell check in OE without the need for Works or Word...

LOL Thanks - I was just coming back to update it.

Office 2k7 doesn't provide proofing tools for OE. This being a public
newsgroup I'm going to bite my tongue. My resolution was:

Spell Checker For OE:
http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/Spe...E/spelloe.html

(Much the same as your own.)

I probably should have used a better title that way it was more easily
indexed and searched for by people. At that time I thought it was some zany
languages and regions or configuration mess up. Now I can actually post
without looking like I'm a complete and total ninny 'cause I spell so poorly
in my opinion.

Ah well.

Thanks again.