Kerry Hernandez

Default Points before and after

How do I keep Word 2003 (no problems in previous versions)
from randomly switching from "pts" to "line" when I change
the increments for Before and After Paragraph Spacing? In
my Options-General tab, I am using POINTS. The numbers I
am entering are different everytime but they are
labeled "pts" at the time I am changing them and then I
change the number while "pts" still remains in the dialog
box, and all of a sudden the measurement is much bigger by
far than I chose. The "pts" has changed to "line". This
doesn't happen all the time. I format desktop publishing
type of documents at a fast pace and and use this command
hundreds of times a day for exact page layout. Why has
this changed in Word 2003? And how do I control it?