Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gloria Drayer Gloria Drayer is offline

Default autotext in Windows vista

I read the directions, but that appears to be for if you want to go to add an
icon for autotext, then when I want to insert a previously added autotext
entry, I click the autotext option, and select the text I want from a list of
options.
I am instead interested in how to set up words that will automatically
display as I type, and I can hit "Enter" to choose that autotext option. For
example, Word is already set up to suggest to me that it will complete the
word "Tuesday" if I hit enter after I type in t-u-e-s. I want that same box
to pop up with my previously entered words and phrases (my name, business,
address, etc.).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are using Word 2007 (as I suspect you are), the AutoComplete option
is no longer available, but you can still insert the entry by typing the
first four letters and pressing F3.