Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Moof Moof is offline

Default Saving a word document as an excel spreadsheet

I've found some threads here with the common question, but I guess I'm just
not illiterate enough to follow the instructions.

I have a word document that I need to convert into an excel spreadsheet. Can
anybody help me?

Thx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

Did you try copy and paste?

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Moof" wrote in message
I've found some threads here with the common question, but I guess I'm
just
not illiterate enough to follow the instructions.

I have a word document that I need to convert into an excel spreadsheet.
Can
anybody help me?

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Moof Moof is offline

yes, i did, but it didn't work out right.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Did you try copy and paste?

--

"Moof" wrote in message
I've found some threads here with the common question, but I guess I'm
just
not illiterate enough to follow the instructions.

I have a word document that I need to convert into an excel spreadsheet.
Can
anybody help me?

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

Paste Special - unformatted text.

--

"Moof" wrote in message
yes, i did, but it didn't work out right.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Did you try copy and paste?

--

"Moof" wrote in message
I've found some threads here with the common question, but I guess I'm
just
not illiterate enough to follow the instructions.

I have a word document that I need to convert into an excel
spreadsheet.
Can
anybody help me?

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Moof Moof is offline

that didn't help either. I guess I'll end up having to type all the docs on
the spreadsheets.

thank you anyway!

"Moof" wrote in message
yes, i did, but it didn't work out right.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Did you try copy and paste?

--

"Moof" wrote in message
I've found some threads here with the common question, but I guess I'm
just
not illiterate enough to follow the instructions.

I have a word document that I need to convert into an excel
spreadsheet.
Can
anybody help me?

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

What does the text look like in Word? Is it in tabbed lines or in a table?
It *can* be done.

--

"Moof" wrote in message
yes, i did, but it didn't work out right.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Did you try copy and paste?

--

"Moof" wrote in message
I've found some threads here with the common question, but I guess
I'm
just
not illiterate enough to follow the instructions.

I have a word document that I need to convert into an excel
spreadsheet.
Can
anybody help me?

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Very often, after pasting into Excel, the formatting of cells won't be
wonderful. But, if you select the cells that contain the pasted information,
you can usually obtain acceptable formatting by chipping away.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Moof" wrote in message
yes, i did, but it didn't work out right.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Did you try copy and paste?

--

"Moof" wrote in message
I've found some threads here with the common question, but I guess
I'm
just
not illiterate enough to follow the instructions.

I have a word document that I need to convert into an excel
spreadsheet.
Can
anybody help me?

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Moof Moof is offline

I guess you could say it's in a table. There is a border all around the page,
which I can't seem to get rid of. Also, pages 2 and 3 wouldn't copy and
paste. There should be a way to send the questioned document so that there
isn't all this guessing. I have several more documents that need to be in
excel format, and I REALLY don't want to have to type all of them! ˜º

"Moof" wrote in message
yes, i did, but it didn't work out right.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Did you try copy and paste?

--

"Moof" wrote in message
I've found some threads here with the common question, but I guess
I'm
just
not illiterate enough to follow the instructions.

I have a word document that I need to convert into an excel
spreadsheet.
Can
anybody help me?

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Moof Moof is offline

oops - I think you were referring to the original word document??? It is kind
of hard to explain. Mostly just text (maybe tabbed).

"Moof" wrote in message
yes, i did, but it didn't work out right.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Did you try copy and paste?

--

"Moof" wrote in message
I've found some threads here with the common question, but I guess
I'm
just
not illiterate enough to follow the instructions.

I have a word document that I need to convert into an excel
spreadsheet.
Can
anybody help me?

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

Send one to me at jl dot paules at gmail dot com.

--

"Moof" wrote in message
yes, i did, but it didn't work out right.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Did you try copy and paste?

--

"Moof" wrote in message
I've found some threads here with the common question, but I
guess
I'm
just
not illiterate enough to follow the instructions.

I have a word document that I need to convert into an excel
spreadsheet.
Can
anybody help me?

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_26_] Henk57[_26_] is offline

Moof:
Converting as such is not the problem, but to get a sensible structure
is. The leading principle to remember is that a tab divider prompts
Excel to put the next data in the next cell on the same row, while a
hard return prompts a new line (row). Pls tell me more about what the
Word structure is now and what the desired Excel structure , so I can
try to guide you more concretely.
HTH

Moof;2190982 Wrote:
I've found some threads here with the common question, but I guess I'm
just
not illiterate enough to follow the instructions.

I have a word document that I need to convert into an excel
spreadsheet. Can
anybody help me?

Thx

--
Henk57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Moof Moof is offline

I sent you one. Thank you.

"Moof" wrote in message
yes, i did, but it didn't work out right.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Did you try copy and paste?

--

"Moof" wrote in message
I've found some threads here with the common question, but I
guess
I'm
just
not illiterate enough to follow the instructions.

I have a word document that I need to convert into an excel
spreadsheet.
Can
anybody help me?

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

I've looked at this document. Is the issue that you want to be able to
extract data that is filled out on this form and import it into a
spreadsheet?

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Moof" wrote in message
news
I sent you one. Thank you.

"Moof" wrote in message
yes, i did, but it didn't work out right.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Did you try copy and paste?