Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Bacon Ed Bacon is offline

Default Autotext from Word 2007 to Windows Mail under Vista

How do I jury rig Mail to retrieve autotext entries (text, tables and
pictures) from Word 2007 with one click a la Word 2003 and Outlook under XP?
Using the Vista Quick Parts autotext takes 9 steps.
--
Ed Bacon
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

Not possible. In Outlook you are intended to use Autocorrect.

The proper way to use Outlook is to attach the file using a template to
create it in Word and there you can use AutoText.

Outlook is an email programme not a word processing programme. You can add
tables to quick parts though.

"Ed Bacon" wrote in message
How do I jury rig Mail to retrieve autotext entries (text, tables and
pictures) from Word 2007 with one click a la Word 2003 and Outlook under
XP?
Using the Vista Quick Parts autotext takes 9 steps.
--
Ed Bacon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Bacon Ed Bacon is offline

Was possible under XP with Word 2003 and Outlook. After I defined my
autotext entries (not Autocorrect) using Word 2003, I was able to select an
autotext button on a toolbar while composing an Outlook message. One click
and the autotext entry was inserted in my message
-text,tables,pictures,whatever.
With Vista, Word 2007, and Windows Mail, I can define autotext entries using
Word 2007 and Quick Parts . Five strokes (4-character autotext name and F3)
and I can insert the autotext entry in a Word 2007 document. However, when
I'm composing a Mail message, I have no access to autotext. The nine steps
involves creating and attaching a Word 2007 document with the autotext entry
embedded.
I want to cut down the nine steps to one. If you look at the autotext
postings, this is the reason some people are retreating from Vista to XP.
--
Ed Bacon

"Ed Bacon" wrote in message
How do I jury rig Mail to retrieve autotext entries (text, tables and
pictures) from Word 2007 with one click a la Word 2003 and Outlook under
XP?
Using the Vista Quick Parts autotext takes 9 steps.
--
Ed Bacon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Outlook 2003 could be instructed to actually use Word 2003 for composing and
reading email. That option doesn't exist in Office 2007. Instead, Outlook
2007 uses its own editor. Even though it resembles Word in some respects,
what you see is not really Word. Hence, its behavior is different.

Even so... see if this can help trim a few steps. If you create Quick Parts
in Outlook 2007, they will show up in the Quick Parts gallery. Once there,
they can be inserted by typing the first few letters of their respective
names, then pressing F3. (AutoComplete does not work for AutoText/Quick
Parts in 2007).

Or... if you need to see the gallery, you can make it more convenient by
right-clicking on Quick Parts and adding it to the Quick Access Toolbar.
Many find the QAT more convenient if it's displayed below the ribbon, rather
than above.

I hope this helps.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

news

"Ed Bacon" wrote in message
How do I jury rig Mail to retrieve autotext entries (text, tables and
pictures) from Word 2007 with one click a la Word 2003 and Outlook
under
XP?
Using the Vista Quick Parts autotext takes 9 steps.
--
Ed Bacon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Bacon Ed Bacon is offline

Thanks. I've done all of the above already but it's 14 steps. Great
progress - one click in XP to 14 steps in Vista. Vista should have waited
until 2008 for release - horrendous procedure for transfering e-mails and
contacts, abandoning Front Page, no support for XP backup files on standard
Sandisk flash drives, lost interrupts, ... ad nauseum. I will recommend to
friends that they stay with XP until we pioneers pull all the arrows from our
rear ends.
--
Ed Bacon

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]