Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nieve Nieve is offline

Default Mail Merge Document Printing Back to Back - Office 2007

Hi,

I have a 3 page (A,B & C) mail merge letter. I need to print it
back-to-back. i.e Page 1 - Side 1 - A, Side 2 - B; Page 2 - Side 1 - C, Side
2 - blank, print next record.

In Office 2003 it prints out fine as expected [Page 1 - Side 1 - A, Side 2 -
B; Page 2 - Side 1 - C, Side 2 - blank.......the next record on a new page
and so on]

However with Office 2007 - page 2, side 2 of the merged document prints the
next record. [Page 1 - Side 1 - A, Side 2 - B; Page 2 - Side 1 - C, Side 2 -
Page A - next record].

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get the document to print out correctly
i.e.
Page 1 - Side 1 - A, Side 2 - B; Page 2 - Side 1 - C, Side 2 - blank

I am not keen to put a blank page in the document to make up the blank page.

Thanks a mil.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

A number of printers need updated drivers to function correctly with Office
2007. Maybe that is the case here.

Putting an extra blank page into the mailmerge main document should not be
too much trouble however.

Or, if you execute the merge to a new document and then run the following
macro on that document, it may overcome the problem:

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count
.Sections(i).PageSetup.SectionStart = wdSectionOddPage
Next i
End With

--
Hope this helps.