Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SV[_2_] SV[_2_] is offline

Default How do I create a Word template pulling information from Access?

I'm trying to create a contact list as a Word document that will pull
information from Access. So if I update a contact's phone number I can do
that in Access and the Word document will also have the current information.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although it probably isn't precisely what you want, the two simplest methods
to maintain a Word list based on an Access table a
a. create a Word mail merge "Directory" merge that uses your Access
information as a data source. Merge to a new document each time you want to
be sure that the Word document contains up-to-date information
b. If a tabular layout is good enough, create a Word document containing a
DATABASE field (you can enable Word's DATABASE toolbar to help you do this)
that gets data from the Access table. Select the table and press F9 each
time you want th eup-to-date infromation.

You can't create a LINK that automatically updates when something changes
(in the same way that you can create a LINK to an Excel data source) and
every other approach probably involves more code or complication.

Peter Jamieson