Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lupo1954 lupo1954 is offline

Default How to insert a address from oulook address book into a word file

With Office 2003 I was able to put a small icon at the toolbar which gave me
the option to choose a address from outlook and place it direct into a word
file. Where is this function with office 2007!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Add the command Address Book from Commands Not in the Ribbon to the QAT
(Quick Access Toolbar) or use a macro to insert an address with even more
control of the layout - http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

lupo1954 wrote:
With Office 2003 I was able to put a small icon at the toolbar which
gave me the option to choose a address from outlook and place it
direct into a word file. Where is this function with office
2007!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

lupo1954 wrote:
With Office 2003 I was able to put a small icon at the toolbar which
gave me the option to choose a address from outlook and place it
direct into a word file. Where is this function with office
2007!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Many thanks. It works. Lupo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rox Rox is offline

This information is very helpful to me too. However, can it be edited to
also include the company name and contact's title information? Thanks for
any help on this.
Roxane

lupo1954 wrote:
With Office 2003 I was able to put a small icon at the toolbar which
gave me the option to choose a address from outlook and place it
direct into a word file. Where is this function with office
2007!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rox Rox is offline

Sorry about that. I have since read it and have updated the AddressLayout to
include the fields I need. However, as soon as I close out of Word and go
back in, the AddressLayout reverts to the default. I have saved it in
AutoText, and as Normal.dotm. I have even repeated this 3 times now - with
it working once I re-save the AddressLayout. Any ideas why it isn't staying
or becoming my default?
Rox

lupo1954 wrote:
With Office 2003 I was able to put a small icon at the toolbar
which gave me the option to choose a address from outlook and place
it direct into a word file. Where is this function with office
2007!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It appears that for some reason normal.dotm is not being saved when you exit
from Word. Set the option in Word Options to prompt to save the normal
template then when you make a change that affects that template it should
prompt you to save it. If it doesn't, something is interfering with that
process. The usual villains are poorly written add-ins. Particularly bad was
the early version of Acrobat 7, but as this is incompatible with Word 2007,
its add-in should not be present? - see
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

lupo1954 wrote:
With Office 2003 I was able to put a small icon at the toolbar
which gave me the option to choose a address from outlook and
place it direct into a word file. Where is this function with
office 2007!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DonnaRey DonnaRey is offline

I added the address book to the ribbon and when I click on a name to insert,
Word closes. Any ideas?

lupo1954 wrote:
With Office 2003 I was able to put a small icon at the toolbar which
gave me the option to choose a address from outlook and place it
direct into a word file. Where is this function with office

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I assume that you have Outlook as your default e-mail application? That
being the case try repairing your office installation from the setup file on
the installation disc.
If that doesn't fix it, see the troubleshooting methods at
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.