Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Word Outlines - section breaks Word Outlines - section breaks is offline

Default Word Outlines: section breaks

I'm trying to create a master document - how do I avoid page breaks after my
headings? I want the heading, then the subdocument, followed by a page
break, then a new heading and the subdocument, ie : "January", followed by my
file for January, new page headed "February", followed by my file for
February etc. Tx.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

How about applying "Page break before" to the heading style? This can be
found under Format, Paragragh, Line and Page Breas tab. No need for sectiuon
breaks then.
This is for 2003 and prior, may be different for 2007.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Word Outlines - section breaks" wrote:

I'm trying to create a master document - how do I avoid page breaks after my
headings? I want the heading, then the subdocument, followed by a page
break, then a new heading and the subdocument, ie : "January", followed by my
file for January, new page headed "February", followed by my file for
February etc. Tx.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

But note that you cannot avoid (continuous) section breaks completely when
using Word's master document feature. For more control, keep all of the
contents in a single file, or use INCLUDETEXT fields
(see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfm...dscontent.htm).
Either of these methods will also be safer, since master documents tend to
corrupt files. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Wh...ocsCorrupt.htm.

--
Stefan Blom