Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
James James is offline

Default Using a database to access info in Word

Can this be done? I'll try to easily explain what we're looking to do.

We have an internal database used for posting job descriptions at work. We
would like to be able to plug in a specific Word document name and have the
database search for that specifica document (there are thousands of them) and
then extract certain information from that Word document into an area in our
database.

Is Word setup to allow this to happen? Has anyone done anything similar?

The best example I can think of is how Word can pull certain fields from a
mailing database into a mailing label. What I want to do is the other way
around: have the database pull info out of Word.

Your thoughts/suggestions are appreciated.