Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carl

Default How do I add Calendar Control

In a forum answer I am instructed to add "calendar control" under Additional
Controls to the Control Box under Visual Basic Editor ..

I don't see "Calendar Control" .. can I add it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Carl wrote:
In a forum answer I am instructed to add "calendar control" under
Additional Controls to the Control Box under Visual Basic Editor ..

I don't see "Calendar Control" .. can I add it?

Right-click a blank area of the Control Box and choose "Additional Controls"
from the popup menu. In the resulting dialog, you can check the box next to
"Calendar Control 8.0". That will put a new icon on the Control Box.

The Calendar Control gives you a rather large one-month calendar. You might
prefer a smaller control, the "Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control". This
looks like a dropdown, but when you click the down arrow it displays a
calendar. The date you click is displayed in the text part of the dropdown.

If you can't find either of these in the list, you probably don't have the
files for them. The Calendar Control is supplied by mscal.ocx, and the
Date-Time Picker is supplied by mscomct2.ocx. The mscal.ocx comes with
Access; if you don't have it, you can download it from
http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm. To get mscomct2.ocx, you may have
to visit http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=297381.

--
Regards,