Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word document arrives corrupted after email transmission

Hello,
I have a serious problem with MS Word (Office XP). I want to send some
files that apparently look good in my local machine. Apparently they
look ok I can see what there is inside before I send these files, but
when I send them by any email (Hotmail, Outlook, etc) people just cant
read at them.

They usually receive an error message:
Internet explorer cannot download the specified file
or:
The file you are trying to reach is not available
or [filename] is not a valid word document
or even worst:
File type : SOActivex Class cannot be downloaded

I tried sending a copy to myself and when I access to internet explorer

to download the files or doiung that through outlook, sometimes I can
read at them , sometimes I cannot.
I also tried to download these files from another machine, and it didnt

work when I accessed to internet through ie however I could download
them when using Mozilla Firefox as navigator.
This is so weird.
Can you tell me please how to do to be able to send proper word files
and that people can received them throught outlook or ie ?
I just want that people be able to open and read my word files without
having to figure it out hard.
I cleaned my PC and apparently I dont have any virus, but If you've
heard about it, please let me know, any information is welcomming

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

A quick work-around is to zip the files first. Bit of a nuisance, but
usually effective.

oups.com...