FL Consultant

Default Mail merge text files to doc files

I asked this question and received an answer but did not receive continued
info.

We have a dos program that creates multiple text files. These text files
contain letters. We would like to automate the process of placing each text
file in a word doc and then print out the document. We do not want to
individual insert the txt file into a word doc - meaning by a human. We want
to create a program that can handle this task.

Thank you
--
FL Consultant
Daiya Mitchell

Continued info probably should have been: go ask in a Word group that *also*
has VBA or Programming in the name.

Conceivably (and I know nothing about it), this may be a useful somewhat
parallel example:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/BatchFR.htm
But don't reply back to ask about it--you want to be somewhere with a lot of
VBA/Programming experts. You'd be better off asking them from scratch than
trying to get them to fix something you finagled from that article.

I'm pretty sure Mail Merge is not really an applicable principle for this
situation, by the way.

On 6/19/05 2:26 AM, "FL Consultant" wrote:

I asked this question and received an answer but did not receive continued
info.

We have a dos program that creates multiple text files. These text files
contain letters. We would like to automate the process of placing each text
file in a word doc and then print out the document. We do not want to
individual insert the txt file into a word doc - meaning by a human. We want
to create a program that can handle this task.

Thank you

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Cindy M -WordMVP-

I replied to your follow-up today. you have to realize that
the people who answer questions here are volunteers, and
come through when they have free time...

Cindy Meister