Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kat

Default unlinking footers

I think I must be doing something in the wrong order.

I would like to have a picture in the header on all my document pages,
but a footer that is blank on page 1 and then has a line (drawing
object) and a page number on the rest of the pages.

I inserted a section page break.
I went to page 2 and unlinked the footer from the first section on page
1.
I went to page 2 and inserted page numbers in the footer, centered,
starting at 2.
I inserted a drawing object in the footer.
I inserted a picture in the page 2 (section 2) header (which still
appears to be linked to section 1)
Picture does not show up in section 1.

I have tried different combinations of this, but haven't stumbled
across the right way yet. I'm sure it can be done, no?

I prefer not to have to paste the picture in twice (to keep file size
to its smallest).

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See my reply to your previous post, but note that what you're doing wrong is
inserting the picture in the Section 2 header instead of Section 1.

"Kat" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Headers and footers printing different size on odd and even pages Colinhp Microsoft Word Help 4 January 19th 06 07:55 AM
Problems with Heades and Footers Lawrin Walker Microsoft Word Help 0 September 14th 05 06:06 PM
Uneven Footers Waking Page Layout 2 June 19th 05 05:20 AM
Doc Template & headers and footers Linda G Microsoft Word Help 2 June 17th 05 11:42 PM