kaiser

Default Create a line with date when saved

Hello, how do i have a line in the front page of my word doc that
automatically shows the last time the document was saved?....and when I
click save it must obviously change the save date to now

Herb Tyson [MVP]

You can use the SAVEDATE field, formatted thusly (assuming you want the
date, as well):

{ SAVEDATE \@ "M/d/yyyy h:mm:ss am/pm }

In the menu, choose Insert - Field, set Categories to Date and Time, choose
the desired date/time format (or, click Field Codes - Options, etc. and
either choose one from there, or roll your own).

In order to see the last saved date, you 'd need to update the field (select
in and press F9). If you want the field visibly updated each time you save,
you'd need to use a macro that incorporates saving as well as updating that
field.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com