David Henderson

Default Thanks for the helpful suggestions

Unfortunately getting into the template is not a problem.The difficulty
appears to be a 'ghost' header which just refuses to be removed.

I'm tempted to follow the advice on deleting the normal.dot to see what
happens although at the moment it won't let me delete it.

I shall keep trying.

Thanks.

David
Doug Robbins

Close Word, then rename the normal.dot template to normalold.dot, then
restart Word and it will create a new one for you.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"David Henderson" David wrote in
message ...
Unfortunately getting into the template is not a problem.The difficulty
appears to be a 'ghost' header which just refuses to be removed.

I'm tempted to follow the advice on deleting the normal.dot to see what
happens although at the moment it won't let me delete it.

I shall keep trying.

Thanks.

David

David Henderson

Thanks again.

Unfortunately it won't let me do that either. Says there is a 'sharing
violation'. Even with Word (and other programmes) closed.

Appreciate the help though Doug.

David

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Close Word, then rename the normal.dot template to normalold.dot, then
restart Word and it will create a new one for you.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"David Henderson" David wrote in
message ...
Unfortunately getting into the template is not a problem.The difficulty
appears to be a 'ghost' header which just refuses to be removed.

I'm tempted to follow the advice on deleting the normal.dot to see what
happens although at the moment it won't let me delete it.

I shall keep trying.

Thanks.

David

Graham Mayor

This suggests the file is locked. See
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
Fix the problems, reboot then rename normal.dot

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Close Word, then rename the normal.dot template to normalold.dot,
then restart Word and it will create a new one for you.

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on
a paid consulting basis.