CraigInAlaska

Default Need Macro's to format PlainText docs to MSW2003

Trying to convert large plain text docs to MSW03 but there seem to be hidden
format commands which I cannot cleanup using global Find/Replace. Is there a
place where I could pay to have macros written if I supply a a smple of
original text?
Greg Maxey

Craig,

Why don't you provide a few details and maybe you will get a macro at
discount?

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

CraigInAlaska wrote:
Trying to convert large plain text docs to MSW03 but there seem to be
hidden format commands which I cannot cleanup using global
Find/Replace. Is there a place where I could pay to have macros
written if I supply a a smple of original text?

CraigInAlaska

Greg,
Thanks for reply, did not know where to go or if macro was the right approach.
The text I am trying to format is an ASCII text file of a public domain
bible; when opened it is one continuous document, very hard to read. When I
tried formatting it gets worse, with unexpected results. I am not a word
processor, I am doing research on versions/translations.

CraigInAlaska wrote:
Trying to convert large plain text docs to MSW03 but there seem to be
hidden format commands which I cannot cleanup using global
Find/Replace. Is there a place where I could pay to have macros
written if I supply a a smple of original text?

Greg Maxey

Craig,

There are probably things that could be accomplished with a macro and things
that will have to be done with regular old fashioned manual formatting.
What do you mean by "it gets worse" when you try to format the document?

--

CraigInAlaska wrote:
Trying to convert large plain text docs to MSW03 but there seem to
be hidden format commands which I cannot cleanup using global
Find/Replace. Is there a place where I could pay to have macros
written if I supply a a smple of original text?

CraigInAlaska

Greg,
When I try to remove unneeded brakes for instance, then portions of the text
will change font type or size. If I have it in 2 columns justified, then I
try to fix something else and it is no longer justified. As I said,I am not a
word processor, so I have a hard time explaining what is happening. Do you
know of a word processing service I could contact? Part of the problem is
that I do not nkow what the ASCII file was prepared for, maybe it is a
press-ready file, I just don't know why it is so hard to deal with.

CraigInAlaska wrote:
Trying to convert large plain text docs to MSW03 but there seem to
be hidden format commands which I cannot cleanup using global
Find/Replace. Is there a place where I could pay to have macros
written if I supply a a smple of original text?

Greg Maxey

Craig,

Several of the Word MVP do fee based work. Here is a link that you can use
to contact one of them:

http://word.mvps.org/AboutMVPs/index.htm