Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hebrewbacon hebrewbacon is offline

Default Using Show/Hide Paragraph, Text Disappears

I created a document using many continuous breaks and column breaks. While
writing it, I had the "show/hide paragraph" button on "show", so all
formatting marks were displayed in the document. However, when I toggle off
that option, a large portion of the text simply disappears. I noticed that
all of the text that disappears has little dots underneath of it (almost like
it's underlined with a dot pattern, except the pattern is slightly lower than
normal underlining). The text that has these dots underneath of it cannot be
copy-pasted, yet all other text can. Additionally, the formatting goes
totally screwy (outside of disappearing text ) once "show/hide paragraph" is
on "hide", with text that should be using the normal template taking on two
columns, etc. If anybody knows how to make the "underdotted" text normal,
I'd love to know how. I need to submit this document to my professor, but I
don't know any way to solve the problem without rewriting it (and honestly,
I'd prefer to understand the problem than simply rewrite the document).
Thanks very much!