TJR

Default I am unable to see my exchange server public contacts when using .

I have set up a public folder in microsoft exchange as a shared list of
contacts for outlook. For some reason, when I run mail merge from Microsoft
Word and pick "Select from Outlook contacts" it only displays my personal
outlook contacts folder & not the shared one on the server. I am able to
utilize, add, edit & delete these contacts from inside outlook. How do I get
mail merge to see my public contacts in exchange?
Doug Robbins

See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"TJR" wrote in message
I have set up a public folder in microsoft exchange as a shared list of
contacts for outlook. For some reason, when I run mail merge from
Microsoft
Word and pick "Select from Outlook contacts" it only displays my personal
outlook contacts folder & not the shared one on the server. I am able to
utilize, add, edit & delete these contacts from inside outlook. How do I
get
mail merge to see my public contacts in exchange?

TJR

Thanks for the link Doug but it doesn't seem to cover the problem I'm having
with mail merge from Word 2003, & using an Exchange 2003 contact list (which
doesn't show up on the select contacts list). I do know that I can go
directly to the exchange contacts in outlook & run mail merge from there but
I'd like to keep it simple for my users & they are use to merging directly
from Word, not to mention merging from outlook doesn't give a default option
opening a shared word template so they are forcd to browse for the template.
Any other sugestions would be very helpful
T.J.