Becky N

Default Merging Label Form File with Data File

After I have merged, the first page lines up with the Avery labels fine, but
the pages following the 1st page are all way out of line. How do I fix this
or what am I doing wrong when I set up the form doc that is causing it to be
so out of alignment?To merge I create the form document (which are address
labels) then I use Outlook as the data file. At the beginning of each new
label I have New Record & then Name, address, etc. In the end I should have
about 40 pages of labels merged. Your help is very much appreciated :O)
Doug Robbins

Try printing to plain paper and check the alignment of the following sheets.
Quite likely it's a problem with the paper feed system of the printer not
being able to deal with the label media.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Becky N" wrote in message
After I have merged, the first page lines up with the Avery labels fine,
but
the pages following the 1st page are all way out of line. How do I fix
this
or what am I doing wrong when I set up the form doc that is causing it to
be
so out of alignment?To merge I create the form document (which are address
labels) then I use Outlook as the data file. At the beginning of each new
label I have New Record & then Name, address, etc. In the end I should
have
about 40 pages of labels merged. Your help is very much appreciated :O)

Becky N

Hello! I was printing it on plain paper, but it always seems to adjust all
pages after page 1, so that they don't fit within the label perimeters.
Usually it is off a little, but this time it was way off (not even close to
where it should be. Any other suggestions? Thanks Again. :O)

"Becky N" wrote in message
After I have merged, the first page lines up with the Avery labels fine,
but
the pages following the 1st page are all way out of line. How do I fix
this
or what am I doing wrong when I set up the form doc that is causing it to
be
so out of alignment?To merge I create the form document (which are address
labels) then I use Outlook as the data file. At the beginning of each new
label I have New Record & then Name, address, etc. In the end I should
have
about 40 pages of labels merged. Your help is very much appreciated :O)

Doug Robbins

Do you have a header in your normal.dot template? Try renaming it to
normal.old, then restart Word and try again.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Try printing to plain paper and check the alignment of the following
sheets.
Quite likely it's a problem with the paper feed system of the printer not
being able to deal with the label media.

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a
paid
consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Becky N" wrote in message
After I have merged, the first page lines up with the Avery labels
fine,
but
the pages following the 1st page are all way out of line. How do I fix
this
or what am I doing wrong when I set up the form doc that is causing it
be
so out of alignment?To merge I create the form document (which are
address
labels) then I use Outlook as the data file. At the beginning of each
new
label I have New Record & then Name, address, etc. In the end I should
have
about 40 pages of labels merged. Your help is very much appreciated :O)

Graham Mayor

That would have been my thought also - but check that the printer settings
and page layout are both singing from the same hymn sheet, in that both
should have the same paper size and there should be no zoom option set.

"Becky N" wrote in message
After I have merged, the first page lines up with the Avery labels
fine,
but
the pages following the 1st page are all way out of line. How do I
fix this
or what am I doing wrong when I set up the form doc that is
causing it to
be
so out of alignment?To merge I create the form document (which are
address
labels) then I use Outlook as the data file. At the beginning of
each new
label I have New Record & then Name, address, etc. In the end I
should have
about 40 pages of labels merged. Your help is very much
appreciated :O)

Becky N

I'm sorry, but I don't know what that is. Is that the same as the data or
form document? I do not have a data doc I just do the merge right out of
Outlook contacts & then it pulls me into Word. Thank you ;O)

"Becky N" wrote in message
After I have merged, the first page lines up with the Avery labels
fine,
but
the pages following the 1st page are all way out of line. How do I fix
this
or what am I doing wrong when I set up the form doc that is causing it
be
so out of alignment?To merge I create the form document (which are
address
labels) then I use Outlook as the data file. At the beginning of each
new
label I have New Record & then Name, address, etc. In the end I should
have
about 40 pages of labels merged. Your help is very much appreciated :O)

Graham Mayor

Normal.dot is the basic template upon which all standard documents are
based - including labels. If this has at any time been modified to include a
header, then it will throw out the alignment of the labels. Locate the
file - it's a hidden file in the folder indicated at tools options file
locations user templates - and temporarily rename it to oldnormal.dot.
Word will build a new default one without the header. If this fixes it use
the organizer to copy your paragraph styles etc from the old one to the new
one.

--
Please respond to the Newsgroup for the benefit of others who may
be interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP