Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
bsterling

Default footnote continued message causes line numbers to disappear

I am using a legal pleading template created using the Word 2000 legal
pleading template wizard. When long footnotes break onto another page, the
first page gets a "footnote continued" message. This causes the line numbers
to disappear on the page where the footnote continued message appears. In
other word, I can have pleading line numbers or a footnote continued message,
but not both on the same page. Simply deleting the text of the "footnote
continued" message in the footnote pane in normal view does not resolve the
issue--then I get no message, but still no line numbers. I am guessing there
is some kind of conflict between the footers (from what I understand,the line
numbers are stored as "drawing images" in one of the footer levels), but I
have not idea how to fix it. Thanks.