Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Val Val is offline

Default Selecting a picture in a table cell that has been sent behind text

I have created a table (2 rows 2 columns covering a page) where each cell
contains both text as well as a graphic as background. I sent the graphic
behind the text and now I want to change it, but am not able to select it.
In order to bring it to the front again I need to be able to click on it, but
so far I've been unsuccessful. Shift / Tab did not do it. It's so easy in
Word 2003 via the picture toolbar. Does anyone know how I can get to the
picture behind the text? I really don't want to have to start from scratch
again.

Very grateful for any suggestions - thank a bunch.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

From the View menu, select Toolbars and then click on the Drawing item in
the list. That will display the Drawing Toolbar that contains a Select
Object button (Arrow). If you click on that, the mouse cursor will change
to an arrow and you should then be able to select the image.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP