Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Derrick Bailes Derrick Bailes is offline

Default How do I merge data into a Word form to create an individual form

I want to merge data into a standard document which can be handled
electronically for checking and correction. Alongside each merge field I want
a form text field so that after merging, the document can be locked with
access only to the form fields. The form fields can then be used to enter any
correction to the merged data.

I can create the document with merge fields and form fields but the form
fields are removed from the merged documents.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The two features of Word are not compatible. To do what you want to do will
require the use of a "roll-your-own" equivalent of mailmerge using visual
basic to interate through the data source. I would start with a template in
which you inserted { DOCVARIABLE } fields instead of merge fields, then you
could protect the template for forms and as your code accessed each record
in the "data source", it would create a new document, in which it would
create document variables to hold the data from that record, it would then
update the fields in the document and save it as a separate document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP