MickeyNew

Default MultiMate Advantage Documents

I have some old Multimate Advantage documents that I want to convert to Word.
My research shows that filter was removed after Word 6.0. I have both
Office 2000 and Office XP. Neither will open the files. I have opened them
with the original MM software and they are intact.

I have found web sites that will convert my files for a fee.

Is there a converter available I can download or purchase? Does Microsoft
have a tool? I have loaded ORK and installed the Office Converter Pack with
it with no luck. Maybe I don't know how to use it.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Getting a 5 1/4 drive installed and working under XP Pro was my first
big obstacle. All that is left is the conversion.
Jezebel

If all else fails, install a generic text printer on port FILE:, then print
the documents to that. You'll end up with plain text files (extension .prn)
which Word can read.

"MickeyNew" wrote in message
I have some old Multimate Advantage documents that I want to convert to
Word.
My research shows that filter was removed after Word 6.0. I have both
Office 2000 and Office XP. Neither will open the files. I have opened
them
with the original MM software and they are intact.

I have found web sites that will convert my files for a fee.

Is there a converter available I can download or purchase? Does Microsoft
have a tool? I have loaded ORK and installed the Office Converter Pack
with
it with no luck. Maybe I don't know how to use it.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Getting a 5 1/4 drive installed and working under XP Pro was my first
big obstacle. All that is left is the conversion.

MickeyNew

Remember I am dealing with a DOS version of MultiMate Advantage. I cannot
run it through XP. I have to boot from a DOS floppy to launch it. Even if
it would run in XP, it has its own print utility.

We have a printed copy of the whole book, and I could scan it one page at a
time with Text Bridge, but the formating in Word sometimes is poor that way.

"MickeyNew" wrote:

I have some old Multimate Advantage documents that I want to convert to Word.
My research shows that filter was removed after Word 6.0. I have both
Office 2000 and Office XP. Neither will open the files. I have opened them
with the original MM software and they are intact.

I have found web sites that will convert my files for a fee.

Is there a converter available I can download or purchase? Does Microsoft
have a tool? I have loaded ORK and installed the Office Converter Pack with
it with no luck. Maybe I don't know how to use it.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Getting a 5 1/4 drive installed and working under XP Pro was my first
big obstacle. All that is left is the conversion.

Charles Kenyon

In MultiMate see if you can convert to an earlier version of Word or Word
Perfect then try with that intermediate document.

You also might be able to find Word 6.0 on eBay and install that.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"MickeyNew" wrote in message
I have some old Multimate Advantage documents that I want to convert to
Word.
My research shows that filter was removed after Word 6.0. I have both
Office 2000 and Office XP. Neither will open the files. I have opened
them
with the original MM software and they are intact.

I have found web sites that will convert my files for a fee.

Is there a converter available I can download or purchase? Does Microsoft
have a tool? I have loaded ORK and installed the Office Converter Pack
with
it with no luck. Maybe I don't know how to use it.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Getting a 5 1/4 drive installed and working under XP Pro was my first
big obstacle. All that is left is the conversion.

MickeyNew

A friend has done the task for me. Has some software called Conversion
Plus. I emailed him the files and he converted them and sent them back.

Charles,

Remember this an OLD DOS version word processor. You have two options -
Create a new DOC or Edit an old DOC.

Thanks all,

Pat