Stupid Fields

Default How do I set up a counter everytime the document is opened?

I am trying to set up a numeric counter that will increase by one everytime
the document is opened. I tried to use the field called revnum but it is
only on saves and it does not increase automatically. You must put the field
in everytime you want it to increase. The purpose for this counter is so that
each time the document is printed a new number will be there. This is so it
can be tracked to a specific work order. If anyone knows a better way to do
this please let me know.
Charles Kenyon

I would be creating new documents based on a template rather than reusing a
document. I think it works better. However, a good solution to your problem
can be found at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.