Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kat S.

Default Why do I get extra paragraph markers in footers after printing?

I'm running Windows XP Offoce 2002. I have 3 users who keep getting extra
paragraph markers in their footers after printing. These throw off pagination
& are very difficult to remove. Any Suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Tell/teach them to stop hitting the return key at the end of their footer.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Kat S." Kat wrote in message
I'm running Windows XP Offoce 2002. I have 3 users who keep getting extra
paragraph markers in their footers after printing. These throw off
pagination
& are very difficult to remove. Any Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kat S.

Thanks, but that is not the issue, the extra returns appear in the doc after
printing, not before.

"Kat S." Kat wrote in message
I'm running Windows XP Offoce 2002. I have 3 users who keep getting extra
paragraph markers in their footers after printing. These throw off
pagination
& are very difficult to remove. Any Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Without intervention? That sounds rather bizarre.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Kat S." Kat wrote in message
I'm running Windows XP Offoce 2002. I have 3 users who keep getting
extra
paragraph markers in their footers after printing. These throw off
pagination
& are very difficult to remove. Any Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale

Check the Page Setup. I have found this set to US letter when it should have
been A4 and this has caused the extra space. Does this solve your problem?
--
Rae Drysdale

"Kat S." Kat wrote in message
I'm running Windows XP Offoce 2002. I have 3 users who keep getting
extra
paragraph markers in their footers after printing. These throw off
pagination
& are very difficult to remove. Any Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Any chance you can send the file to me? My curiosity is piqued.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Kat S." Kat wrote in message
I'm running Windows XP Offoce 2002. I have 3 users who keep
getting
extra
paragraph markers in their footers after printing. These throw off
pagination
& are very difficult to remove. Any Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kat S.

Unfortunately, I can't. Legal docs, client confidentiality applies. I will
post the answer (when/if) I get it, though. Thanks.

"Kat S." Kat wrote in message
I'm running Windows XP Offoce 2002. I have 3 users who keep
getting
extra
paragraph markers in their footers after printing. These throw off
pagination
& are very difficult to remove. Any Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I understand. If you find a way to strip out the confidential stuff you are
welcome to take me up on my offer.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]