Rendoug

Default Adding a template and keeping styles

We have created a standard office template. Everytime we attach it to a doc
the old stles are staying. Even if we delete them out. Does anyone know how
to fix this? I would like to open an old doc. attach new template and have
all styles be updated. Any help is much appreciated!
Beth Melton

Are you turning on "Automatically update document styles" when you
attach the new template?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Rendoug" wrote in message
We have created a standard office template. Everytime we attach it
to a doc
the old stles are staying. Even if we delete them out. Does anyone
know how
to fix this? I would like to open an old doc. attach new template
and have
all styles be updated. Any help is much appreciated!

Charles Kenyon

When you attach the new template, check the box for updating styles and
click on OK. (Then open up the Templates and Add-Ins dialog again and
_uncheck_ that box.)

All this does is change the definitions of any styles in your old document
to those in the new template. It does not go through your document and apply
styles in place of direct formatting.

Note, though, that if you are using old documents as the source for new
documents, you should be using templates instead. For more on the different
kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog, and locations of templates
folders see http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.