Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yogi LaBeara Yogi LaBeara is offline

Default Recovering edits to a document

I worked all day on an exam and thought that I had saved all of my changes.
When I tried to open it later, the document opened but without any of the
edits that I had worked on. Is there any way to retrieve this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JR JR is offline

The following suggestion is if you're using Word 2003. You might want to post
what version of Word you're using as other versions might handle tracking
changes differently.

It is possible that you have been tracking changes and you are currently
viewing the original, but your changes are still there.

To see if that's the case, from the VIEW menu select TOOLBARS and then
REVIEWING. A new toolbar appears. If the first item, a drop-down list, shows
"Original" then select "Final" instead, and your changes should be there.

You might want to accept all the changes you made. To do that, on the third
button on the toolbar click the down arrow and select "Accept all changes in
document".

You might also want to turn off track changes. To do that, from the Tools
menu click "Track changes" so that the icon is not highlighted.

If that doesn't sort you out, someone else will need to come up with some
suggestions.