need more help for creating documents.

Default problem running word

I can't open email, I can't open documents, I can't create documents in
word...we have microsoft office xp proffessional but word won't work. It
seems like the program is missing something...maybe I need to restore it
somehow...but how?

need more help for creating documents.

hi suzanne, thanks for your patience and input...but, I still can't even open
word...I can't even pass the login page for my email to send you an email...I
just don't whats wrong...I can't even open the help files because I get an
error report saying they are missing...when I try to reinstall, word tries to
open up and then it says it can't read the language...everything else works
fine, but anything to do with reading and writing will not work...again I
have the microsoft office xp professional version.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

"need more help for creating documents."
osoft.com wrote in
message news
I can't open email, I can't open documents, I can't create documents in
word...we have microsoft office xp proffessional but word won't work. It
seems like the program is missing something...maybe I need to restore it
somehow...but how?

Did you try the troubleshooting steps in the article I recommended? Does
Word work if you start it with the /a switch? Also, it would help if we knew
what version of Word this is.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"need more help for creating documents."
osoft.com wrote in
message news
I can't open email, I can't open documents, I can't create documents

in
word...we have microsoft office xp proffessional but word won't work.

It
seems like the program is missing something...maybe I need to restore

it
somehow...but how?

need more help for creating documents.

we upgraded from microsoft 2000 to microsoft office xp professional...my
utilities and systems tools won't work anymore either...don't know what else
to do.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"need more help for creating documents."
osoft.com wrote in
message news I can't open email, I can't open documents, I can't create documents

in
word...we have microsoft office xp proffessional but word won't work.

It
seems like the program is missing something...maybe I need to restore

it
somehow...but how?

need more help for creating documents.

hi graham...thanks for your assistance...I tried renaming the template file
to normal.old as doug said to and it worked...but now I still can't get into
my msn hotmail...I just can't pass the email and password login...it keeps
telling me that the page has expired...hahaha...sigh...what now?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"need more help for creating documents."
osoft.com wrote
in message
news I can't open email, I can't open documents, I can't create
documents in word...we have microsoft office xp proffessional but
word won't work. It seems like the program is missing
something...maybe I need to restore it somehow...but how?

Doug Robbins

Sorry, but Hotmail has nothing to do with Word.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"need more help for creating documents."
osoft.com wrote
in message
news I can't open email, I can't open documents, I can't create
documents in word...we have microsoft office xp proffessional but
word won't work. It seems like the program is missing
something...maybe I need to restore it somehow...but how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laura Laura is offline

I am also having a problem with Word. When I try to open it, the window is
reduced and I get an hourglass curser forever. It just sits and spins and
the software doesn't open. Then it just goes away. I have Norton Antivirus
and have had both MS Word and Norton for some time. The only thing I can
think of is that a few days ago I edited a Word document for someone that was
changed from MS 2007 to MS 2003. Could it be that the document added or
deleted something from my Word program?
Laura Staffa