Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Miffy Miffy is offline

Default delete recent file history in Word 2007

hi there,
sorry if this is sounds really trivial, but is there anyway to delete
the Recent documents list displayed in the office button in Word 2007?
I've moved a lot of files to another folder so the shortcuts lead to the
wrong location.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The list is stored in the registry at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12\Wor d\FileMRU, from where you
can delete individual entries
or
You can use the following macro which will reset the list to your preset
preferred number of displayed documents:

Sub ClearMRU
Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
listsize = RecentFiles.Maximum
RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
RecentFiles.Maximum = listsize
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Miffy wrote:
hi there,
sorry if this is sounds really trivial, but is there anyway to delete
the Recent documents list displayed in the office button in Word 2007?
I've moved a lot of files to another folder so the shortcuts lead to
the wrong location.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc Luc is offline

Miffy,
Office button - Options for Word - Advanced - view section - put a 0 in the
box next to the recent document list.
Repeat the whole process to set it back to the original value. That should
clear it, both unpinned and pinned files will be gone.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"Miffy" schreef in bericht
hi there,
sorry if this is sounds really trivial, but is there anyway to delete the
Recent documents list displayed in the office button in Word 2007? I've
moved a lot of files to another folder so the shortcuts lead to the wrong
location.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Miffy Miffy is offline

Luc wrote:
Miffy,
Office button - Options for Word - Advanced - view section - put a 0 in the
box next to the recent document list.
Repeat the whole process to set it back to the original value. That should
clear it, both unpinned and pinned files will be gone.

o thanks, i looked around in the options but i didnt notice that.