Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
_Lucilla_ _Lucilla_ is offline

Default Lost Document

I was sent a Word document by a friend that needed to be altered. I
(foolishly) openedit rather than saving it, then continued to make the
alterations. Many hours, and lots of corrections later, I decided to save the
document, but, forgetting that I had not already saved it to the hard-drive,
I just clicked the save-disk icon. It seemed to work at the time, but when I
closed nd then re-opened word, the document (and my 3 hours worth of changes)
are nowhere to be found! Does anyone know where they have gone???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

There are instructions for what to do if you saved an attached document but
never changed the directory. There are no guarantees you will find it.

It is in a hidden folder under the temporary internet files. Usually
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp (or a subfolder of
that folder)

You can find the document and folder by opening the original attachment
directly from the e-mail and then select File, Save as... It will
automatically go to the folder where the other file is saved. Start
right-clicking on files inside that dialog box and select Open. You
may have to look at a couple of files before you find the right one. Once
you do - save it in an easier to find directory.

Like I said though, no guarantees.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]