Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Scafidel Scafidel is offline

Default Bookmark Order

Using Office 2007, I am merging a word document from Access and would like to
put several bookmarks in a certain order, but in one spot, to control the
spacing. I have 7 bookmark fields and would like it to look like this:
Flat Stanley, husband of Freda Stanley, and Stan Stanley, single, separate
property
or this:
Stan Stanley, single, separate property

In VBA, the bookmarks are listed 1- 7 just as above, but if I put all the
bookmarks at one spot on the word template, I do not get that order. If I
put a space between the bookmarks, they appear in the right order, but I get
too many spaces between the fields, like.
Stan Stanley, single , separate property

Is there a way to put several bookmarks in the same spot, but control the
order they are displayed on the document? Or?
Thanks

--
Scafidel
Lafayette, Louisiana
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I guess you are not actually using mail merge, However, I would suggest
that what you should do is manipulate the data into the complete required
string in Access and then just insert the one string into a single bookmark.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Scafidel" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Scafidel Scafidel is offline

Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. Thanks, Doug
--
Scafidel
Lafayette, Louisiana

"Scafidel" wrote in message
[...]

Want to set bookmark value if not set Randy Schmid Microsoft Word Help 1 November 7th 07 07:10 PM
Bookmark Alan T New Users 5 January 31st 07 10:09 AM
My noteref to valid bookmark says "Error! Bookmark not defined."? jchilders_98 Microsoft Word Help 3 October 5th 06 02:23 PM
The Insert Bookmark box shouldnt vanish after adding a bookmark. RogerKni Microsoft Word Help 4 September 26th 06 03:13 PM
Can I scan pages in order and they will stay in order (word) Jan Ross Microsoft Word Help 1 January 2nd 06 05:19 PM