Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Margie Margie is offline

Default Word stops Working using Mailing list

After selecting my mailing list and editing it, Word gives me this error
message that Word has stopped working and needs to close. What is wrong and
how do I fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What version of Word? What type of mailing List is it? That is, how was it
created in the first place?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Margie" wrote in message
After selecting my mailing list and editing it, Word gives me this error
message that Word has stopped working and needs to close. What is wrong
and
how do I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Margie Margie is offline

Word 2007. It is a mailing list of names and address I buy in .txt file type
to send advertising letters out for our business. When I receive the mailing
list by email I save it to my computer then in Word I select mailing then I
select the mailing list and edit it after finishing editing and closing that
is when I get the message that Microsoft Word has stopped working and needs
to close. I appreciate your help, Thank you, Margie

"Margie" wrote in message
After selecting my mailing list and editing it, Word gives me this error
message that Word has stopped working and needs to close. What is wrong
and
how do I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I would either open the mailing list using FileOpen, then save it using
FileSave, before making any changes, or, use the list as is and attach it
to a Directory type mailmerge main document in which you insert the field
names in to the cells of a one row table. Then when you execute that merge
to a new document, that document will contain a table with a row of data for
each record in the data source. You can then insert a row at the top of the
table into which you insert the field names and made the changes in that
document.

--

"Margie" wrote in message
After selecting my mailing list and editing it, Word gives me this
error
message that Word has stopped working and needs to close. What is wrong
and
how do I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Margie Margie is offline

Doug, tried your suggestion, but Word still crashing after I close the
editing of my mail list. Should I try something else.

"Margie" wrote:

After selecting my mailing list and editing it, Word gives me this error
message that Word has stopped working and needs to close. What is wrong and
how do I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It might be simpler to convert text to table in Word?
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm
But should we be encouraging spammers?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

What version of Word? What type of mailing List is it? That is,
how was it
created in the first place?

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP