Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Margie Margie is offline

Default Word Crashing - Is there online help available

My Word "2007" keeps crashing after editing mail list to get it ready to
insert in my letter. Is there online help from Microsoft to connect to my
computer and fix the problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Perhaps if you were to supply some information about your problem including
the steps needed to recreate it and the wording of any error message, we may
be able to assist. In the meantime see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

Margie wrote:
My Word "2007" keeps crashing after editing mail list to get it ready
to insert in my letter. Is there online help from Microsoft to
connect to my computer and fix the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

That's the one where she is buying some database in .txt format and then
trying to use Word to edit it. I had previously suggested that she use a
directory type merge to get the data into a Word document and you suggested:

It might be simpler to convert text to table in Word?
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm
But should we be encouraging spammers?

Seems like she is not prepared to listen to sage advice.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP