Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Marty Marty is offline

Default How do I add a table to mail merge if....then scenario?

I have a word mail merge document with several if..then scenarios. For one
scenario, I want a complete 3 column, 5 row table to show up if the field in
my excel sheet is zero. When I try to do this my table does not format as a
table. What am I doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You will probably need to create an autotext entry for the table and have
the If...then...Else insert the Autotext entry if the condition is met.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Marty" wrote in message
I have a word mail merge document with several if..then scenarios. For one
scenario, I want a complete 3 column, 5 row table to show up if the field
in
my excel sheet is zero. When I try to do this my table does not format as
table. What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Marty,

If you embed an Excel worksheet or a Word table with double quotes either side of it in a properly-constructed IF field, it should
display correctly when the relevant True/False conditions are satisfied. Are you using a real worksheet/table, or just text in a
tabular layout?

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Marty" wrote in message ...
I have a word mail merge document with several if..then scenarios. For one
scenario, I want a complete 3 column, 5 row table to show up if the field in
my excel sheet is zero. When I try to do this my table does not format as a
table. What am I doing wrong?

How do I add to an existing mail merge table? sandra Mailmerge 1 September 29th 07 04:56 AM
delete mail merge table prmagpie Mailmerge 4 February 28th 07 08:23 AM
Mail Merge into Table Ron Tables 3 September 13th 05 11:58 PM
mail-merge table? Debbie G Mailmerge 1 July 19th 05 06:30 PM
Mail Merge from Word XP Table Chuck Humphrey Microsoft Word Help 1 April 9th 05 05:31 PM