Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michelle Michelle is offline

Default Word Mail merge doc not retaining link to data source

I have raised this issue before, but haven't been able to resolve, and I am
still having this issue am trying again.

We have a Word 2003 mail merge document which we merge with data in a Word
2003 table.
It worked fine when we were in Office 2003, but now that we have upgraded to
Office 2007, we get an error saying
"ED798FBB is a mail merge document. Word cannot find its data source,
H:/xxx.doc" and gives us the option to select the "Find Data Source" button.
When we browse for the data source, it comes up with the same message
"ED798FBB is a mail merge document. Word cannot find its data source,
H:/xxx.doc". (Don't know what the EDB798FBB refers to as it is not the name
of the document).

Have tried removing mail merge data and going through the mail merge process
again, but still get the same result. This problem has occurred with
different users in our organisation and with different databases (eg Access).

Any help appreciated.

--
Michelle
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michelle Michelle is offline

Have since discovered that if I save data source to a local drive rather than
a network drive, it works fine. But is not practical to save our data
sources to a local drive.
--
Michelle