Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Heather C Heather C is offline

Default Formatting Merged items

I have two computers at work, one has office 2000 and the other has 2002. In
office 2000 the imported information retains it's formatting to print the
price tags for my products. However, in office 2002 the formatting is lost
when the documents are merged. I'm trying to retain the formatting for the
items numbers of (00-000-0) and then keep the $ symbol and two decimal
places, however I can't find a way to do this.
Please Help??!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Heather,

With the item number mergefield, press Shift-F9 to reveal the code, which should look something like {MERGEFIELD Item}.
Add \# "00-000-0" to the field so that you get {MERGEFIELD Item \# "00-000-0"}.
Press F9 to update the field.

With the value mergefield, press Shift-F9 to reveal the code, which should look something like {MERGEFIELD Value}.
Add \# $,0.00 to the field so that you get {MERGEFIELD Value \# $,0.00}.
Press F9 to update the field.

Then re-run your mailmerge.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Heather C" wrote in message ...
I have two computers at work, one has office 2000 and the other has 2002. In
office 2000 the imported information retains it's formatting to print the
price tags for my products. However, in office 2002 the formatting is lost
when the documents are merged. I'm trying to retain the formatting for the
items numbers of (00-000-0) and then keep the $ symbol and two decimal
places, however I can't find a way to do this.
Please Help??!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Heather C Heather C is offline

That worked for the dollar amounts, however the -'s didn't show up in the
item number i just ended up with spaces.

"Heather C" wrote in message ...
I have two computers at work, one has office 2000 and the other has 2002. In
office 2000 the imported information retains it's formatting to print the
price tags for my products. However, in office 2002 the formatting is lost
when the documents are merged. I'm trying to retain the formatting for the
items numbers of (00-000-0) and then keep the $ symbol and two decimal
places, however I can't find a way to do this.
Please Help??!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Heather,

Try using \# "00'-'000'-'0" for the switch.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]