Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Donaldo Donaldo is offline

Default Start Mail Merge - Envelopes, Labels

When open Mailings I have two options "Envelopes, Labels Create" and "Start
Mail Merge" Letters, E-Mail Messages, ENVELOPES, LABELS, Directory.

I would like to know the difference if choose Envelopes from "Create" or
"Start Mail Merge"

Your help will be appreciated.
--
Don
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The Start Mail Merge item would be used if you wanted to produce a number of
envelopes with the names and addresses for each coming from a data source
that might be a table in a Word document, and Excel spreadsheet, a table or
query in an Access database, etc.

The other item would be used if you just wanted to create one envelope and
in that case, a dialog box opens into which you insert the address that is
to appear on the envelope.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.