Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Elsa G Elsa G is offline

Default URGENT: merging excel files into word

I'm merging a word document using a database in excel. It has some dates that
were typed as April 30, 2008, however, when I do the merge, the dates show as
4/30/08. How can I fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Elsa,

You need to add a date switch.
With the date mergefield, press Shift-F9 to reveal the code, which should look something like {MERGEFIELD Date}.
Add \@ "MM dd, yyyy" to the field so that you get {MERGEFIELD Date \@ "MM dd, yyyy"}.
Press F9 to update the field.

Then re-run your mailmerge.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Elsa G" Elsa wrote in message ...
I'm merging a word document using a database in excel. It has some dates that
were typed as April 30, 2008, however, when I do the merge, the dates show as
4/30/08. How can I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

{MERGEFIELD Date \@ "MMMM dd, yyyy"} or