Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kevin@pcg kevin@pcg is offline

Default How do I not drop the leading 0 in a zip code mail merge?

In New Hampshire we have zip codes that start with '0' and it gets dropped in
my mail merge process. I have the excel field labeled as a zip code field and
it shows up there...
thanks, Kevin
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sam Bullock Sam Bullock is offline

I'm not sure this is the best method but what has worked with me is making
the field in Excel a text not zip code. This will drop your zero in front of
the number at which point I use the CONCATENATE function to combine the zero
and number.

"kevin@pcg" wrote:

In New Hampshire we have zip codes that start with '0' and it gets dropped in
my mail merge process. I have the excel field labeled as a zip code field and
it shows up there...
thanks, Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

kevin@pcg,

Take a look 3/4 the way down at G. Mayor's website, "Formatting Word fields
with
switches", under the section for US Zip Codes:

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate