Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CD[_2_] CD[_2_] is offline

Default point "open" to the correct folder level

How do I set the folder level that word opens? Right now it is set to the
entire computer, and I have to drill down every time.
Suggestion?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jan Groshan Jan Groshan is offline

What version of Word are you using? Generally, there's a "preferences"
where you can path to your favorite directory, or sub-directory.

"CD" wrote in message
How do I set the folder level that word opens? Right now it is set to the
entire computer, and I have to drill down every time.
Suggestion?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Tools, Options, File Locations tab in versions prior to W2007. I Word 2007
it is in Word options, Advanced tab (Alt+F, I, A) at the bottom of the
dialog.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"CD" wrote in message
How do I set the folder level that word opens? Right now it is set to the
entire computer, and I have to drill down every time.
Suggestion?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CD[_2_] CD[_2_] is offline

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Tools, Options, File Locations tab in versions prior to W2007. I Word 2007
it is in Word options, Advanced tab (Alt+F, I, A) at the bottom of the
dialog.

Thanks! I am in Word 2007. Worked fine.