Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ember Ember is offline

Default Need cover page and TOC for subdocuments

I have created a training manual to teach users on how to use our main
software system. These users are from a specific line of business, however
not all users will need some of the information.

I created a master document that will hold the entire line of business
processes and have created subdocuments to represent the different training
levels.

The master document has a cover page and TOC. I would like for each
subdocument to also have a cover page and TOC as they will be printed
separtely from the master training manual.

Can this be done? If so, please explain how or point to examples online as
this is my first time ever working with master documents and all I know now
is a result of trial and error.

Thanks for your assistance!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Holly Holly is offline

Ember,
I think you could probably just insert an extra page and format it like a
cover sheet.
To create a TOC in a subsection of the book, go here for instructions.

"How to Build a Partial table of Contents".
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?ID=574

"Ember" wrote:

I have created a training manual to teach users on how to use our main
software system. These users are from a specific line of business, however
not all users will need some of the information.

I created a master document that will hold the entire line of business
processes and have created subdocuments to represent the different training
levels.

The master document has a cover page and TOC. I would like for each
subdocument to also have a cover page and TOC as they will be printed
separtely from the master training manual.

Can this be done? If so, please explain how or point to examples online as
this is my first time ever working with master documents and all I know now
is a result of trial and error.

Thanks for your assistance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

MasterDocs!!! Make sure everything is backed up twice. MasterDocs are very
unstable, liable corrupt at the slightest mistake and are a recipe for
tears.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Ember" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Sorry to hear it. MasterDocs really are totally unsympathetic to even a
minor mistake on part of the user. Add who of us doesn't make mistakes? It
make MDs virtually useless.

Terry Farrell